Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: tetrinext: April 2000:
[tetrinext] Re: Ideas (fwd)

To: tetrinext@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tetrinext] Re: Ideas (fwd)
From: Ka-shu Wong <zillidot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:03:58 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

[snip]
> Third, upon receiving notification from the client that its current block
> has been placed, the server must calculate that it was actually possible
> for the client to have placed the block there, perhaps by running a quick
> simulation, dropping the block and trying to maneuver it through the
> field. Of course, this wouldn't detect bots, but then, you'd need an
[snip]

The 'action stream' proposal that I made a while ago takes care of this.
Basically instead of getting the client to send field updates, it requires
the client to send all player actions that affect the state of the game.

In effect, the server is maintaining a copy of the player's field, and
manipulating it in parallel to that which is on the client.  (this is
quite easily done if the client and server is built from the same source)
If the fields goes out of sync then it is likely that the player has
attempted to cheat.

Ka-shu Wong
zillidot@xxxxxxxxxxxx

#!/usr/bin/perl
$t="RKo-6v8mW21uR_wzzwr27A_wzzwr27.1s7RR#!l865lpw1l3s5zRD7=Qt22po5QaDp=D7
aDp=~75#o-_b-kmlan#ab-klmno-_#aDpR=~75lBcddBcbfBcdcBcbdBcbcB1lB1BDQBcefBA
lraDp=~6lt22po5lD7la35w17QDpB1Qa";$b=$t;$b=~tr#a-z0-9 /;_#;0-9/ _a-z#;$b
=~tr/\122\104\121\102\101\n/\n\$"\134\@/d;$b=~s/foobar/$t/;print"$b\n";