Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: presentations: February 2002:
[presentations] Re: Next Month's Presentation

To: presentations@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [presentations] Re: Next Month's Presentation
From: james l <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:01:23 -0600

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 19:47, you wrote:
> It's now less than a month until the March presentation.  Has anyone
> figured out how we're going to work things?  How are we going to find
> speakers and how do we decide on topics?
>
> At the last two meetings, we discussed having a general outline for
> meetings. What should this outline look like?
>
> --dwh

General Ideas:

Introduction and then go into more detail
--what does it do?
--why would you want to use it?
--how hard is it to setup?
--are there other ways of doing the same thing?
--how do you set it up?

Comments are requested, as I recall Dale had some ideas on how it should be
setup.

I haven't yet written up an announcement, but I was thinking of sending
something like this out.

There is going to be a single lecture for each month on the second Monday.
This is set, what isn't set is the topics that can be presented, for which
input is needed, on what people can present a lecture/presenation on. There
will be a semi-formal outline to help people. What is needed right now is
know who is willing and able to give presentations. Please post a message to
(unless someone has a better idea) presentations@xxxxxxxxx saying what you
would be willing and capable of doing.

Anyone wishing to help make sure everything goes smothly is welcome to sign
up and help. This committee is more for organizing than presenters, but there
will (hopefully) be overlap.

Who is presenting next month? I think that should be decided soon so that
there is time to get an announcement out.

Comments on any of this are appreciated.

James Lancaster.