Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2009:
Gmail trash/spam folders

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Gmail trash/spam folders
From: "T. Joseph Carter" <carter.tjoseph@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:06:52 -0700

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's a way to change the order of the remote folder
sync for Gmail.  The reason for this is that if Gmail marks something as
spam falsely, you can't really unmark it and send it back to INBOX.  What
seems to happen is:

The message is added to INBOX, but that's ignored by Gmail because its
marked as spam.
The message is removed from [Gmail]/Spam, which expunges it.

That's .. not what you want!  =)

If [Gmail]/Spam is processed first, the message would be expunged first,
and then re-added as a new message in the folder you choose.

The same thing happens with [Gmail]/Trash, actually.

Has this already been dealt with and I've just missed it in my quick
Googling?

Joseph

--
How many children in America are not taught how to read?
If they are blind, the answer is 90%--more than 52,000 children!