Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Re: quick/autorefresh settings problem with 6.2.0

To: Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: quick/autorefresh settings problem with 6.2.0
From: Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 17:30:01 +0800

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 10:09 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For 6.1 I had
>       autorefresh = 5
>       quick = 4
> which made one full sync every five minutes, and in between each minute
> a quick sync.
>
> Now, with 6.2, it seems to disregard the quick setting and always sleeps
> for 5min. Is that intended?
>
> Best wishes
>
> Norbert

A month back (or slightly less) there was a thread about this. Basically
the final decision was that autorefresh is an absolute value and quick
is the nth autorefresh which is not quick.

In your situation, every 5 minutes you get a quick sync, and a full sync
every 4th sync. For the effect I think you want, make autorefresh 1.25.