Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2009:
Request for pointers on isolating crashes etc.

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Request for pointers on isolating crashes etc.
From: Mike Dawson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:25:10 +0430

Hi,

As I mentioned before re. the support for IDLE I would like to try and
make some stability improvements so that if an error occurs it does not
interrupt the whole process.  My thinking was to simply dig down through
the code and use more try except clauses - in particular where new
threads are started off...  at the moment for example if the net
connection dies the whole process will die.

Any hints / pointers prior to attempting this?

Thanks/Regards,

-Mike