Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Re: OfflineIMAP bootstrapping question.

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP bootstrapping question.
From: "Hugh T. Ranalli" <hugh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:39:20 -0400

This has worked for me. I use KMail with a local IMAP server on my laptop, and
have several times rebuilt the local store from the remote one. In my config,
local points to the server, and remote points to the laptop. Of course, I
always back up my server mail directory, just in case.

My one quibble is that this doesn't work with Gmail, as you can't use Gmail as
the "local" server. I keep meaning to see how hard this would be to change,
but haven't had the time.

Hugh