Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2009:
Re: problems with offlineimap/git

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: problems with offlineimap/git
From: Marc MERLIN <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:40:46 -0700

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 03:33:31PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 01:33:51PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >> I checked out the latest version for IDLE support.
> >>
> >> I've been having issues with it. For now I disabled the IDLE code and I
> >> still get things like this:
> >
> > I forgot to give my config:
>
> As I didn't write IDLE, I probably can't comment.  But I wonder if you
> could isolate the offending git patch, perhaps with git bisect?  So that
> we could know exactly where the bug got introduced.

Note that this is without using IDLE.

It may also be in older versions, I just started having to use offlineimap
at work, and unfortunately, each full resync (just headers), causes 10MB of
traffic, which eats into my daily mail transfer quota, so restarting
offlineimap too often or running it without IDLE for any length of time
will cause my issues as in not being able to get my mail at all :-/

Isn't it easier to add some debug code around where it's hanging so that it
give a better clue as to where and why it is hanging, or it's not that simple?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/