Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2009:
Can imap syncs be done without INTERNALDATE?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Can imap syncs be done without INTERNALDATE?
From: Marc MERLIN <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:28:29 -0700

I am having issues linked the amount of overhead imap traffic that offlineimap
generates during each big folder sync.

The dev guy I talked to said that I shouldn't be sending all that
INTERNALDATE traffic and should be able to sync without asking for that
(which apparently doubles the amount of traffic generated). He says other
programs that do 2 way imap syncs do so without INTERNALDATE.

So, what about offlineimap, can that be removed, or does it fulfill an
important purpose?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/