Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2009:
Re: GnomeUI

To: Christoph Höger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: GnomeUI
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:53:16 -0500

Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi,
> I use gnomeUI(*) for a while now, and it seems pretty stable (except for
> some strange issues with the warning window on my new f11 installation).

I do maintain a gnomeUI branch in my git repo, and I pull patches into
it as you tell me to :-)

I am a touch skittish about bringing it into the mainline because of the
past rather terrible experience of the Tk UI.

However, if I can get a commitment that you will stay around to work on
and support it, and the existing issues you know about are resolved,
then I think it all that would remain would be for some people to test
it and report back here on the mailing list with their experiences.

> I would like to discuss a possible migration path into upstream. Since I
> maintain offlineimap in fedora shall I
>
> a) bring GnomeUI into fedora packages as a testing ground

You could do that, if you like, though it would result in something of
an unequal and surprising difference between distros.

I might suggest you could start with a call for testers here, and if you
don't get much feedback, then think about the Fedora option.