Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: December 2008:
Re: source-structure

To: Nicholas Morgan <murgaan@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: source-structure
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 09:21:18 -0600

Nicholas Morgan wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I checked out source from the repository (because I'd like some new
> features) and ran the install script.
>
> What's the difference between the Repository and Folder directories?
> Is the "Folder" the current release and "Repository" what it sounds

Hi Nicholas,

They are both part of every release.

The repository objects refer to a repository as a whole -- that is, an
IMAP server or a Maildir tree.  From a Repository, you can find out what
folders are out there, get Folder objects, and the like.

The Folder objects refer to a mailbox.  Folders let you find out what
messages are in them, copy or delete messages, set flags, etc.

> like, the dev branch?  If this is documented somewhere, please feel
> free to lay it on me.  (If I get into this, you may end up with
> another code contributor :)  )

Great -- keep the questions coming!

-- John