Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: December 2008:
Preventing propagation of deletes

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: complete.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Preventing propagation of deletes
From: "Jonathan Knowles" <complete.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:35:08 -0000 (UTC)

Hi there

I've been using offlineimap successfully to synchronize mails between:

1. a remote IMAP server: corporate Exchange 2007 server
2. a local IMAP server: locally Dovecot IMAP server on top of Maildir

I do this to enable fast local access to mail that I can also read offline
(when not connected to the corporate network), and also because Evolution
seems to work very well when connected to Dovecot.

For efficiency reasons, the people that run the corporate server have
configured it to automatically delete mails older than 90 days. However,
since I have abundant amounts of local disk space, I'd like to keep mails
for a much longer period on my local IMAP server.

Is there any way to configure offlineimap so that it prevents the
propagation of deletes from one IMAP server to another? Specifically, I'd
like to prevent deletions from being propagated from the remote Exchange
server to my local Dovecot server.

Many thanks

Jonathan