Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2008:
OfflineIMAP and KMail

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP and KMail
From: joshua_rickmar@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:05:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello.

A while ago, I tried to use KMail with my email provider, Lavabit.
However, because of KMail's strange IMAP implementation, there are
numerous bugs, like messages disappearing when moving emails and the like=
.
 Here (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?p=3D447209) is a
thread I started on Emaildiscussions.com trying to solve this problem
using OfflineIMAP and a local IMAP server.  I wasn't very successful, but
since I have re-installed FreeBSD on my computer, I decided to give it a
second shot.

On the OfflineIMAP FAQ, it says:

 > However, I have made KMail version 3 work well with OfflineIMAP by
 > installing an IMAP server on my local machine, having OfflineIMAP sync
 > to that, and pointing KMail at the same server.

I'm just wondering how this is set up?  Specifically, what IMAP client is
this referring to?  And if dovecot will work, and I was just doing
something wrong in that thread, what has to be fixed?