Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: offlineimap optimisations

To: offlineimap list <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: offlineimap optimisations
From: martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:49:37 +0100

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2008.05.13.0945 +0100]:
> 1. offlineimap *churns* through PIDs. I know the programme uses
>    threads, but in my understanding, threads don't eat PIDs, only
>    forks do. So what is it doing, consuming somewhere in the
>    vicinity of 100 PIDs per minute?
I've stand corrected. It makes me want to think that offlineimap
should really be working threadlessly though. There's been an
interesting discussion on #debian-devel on this:

http://git.debian.org/?p=netconf/netconf.git;a=blob;f=ref/irclog-2008.01.16-no-polling-no-threads;hb=HEAD

http://git.debian.org/?p=netconf/netconf.git;a=blob;f=ref/irclog-2008.01.22-more-no-threads-and-timeouts;hb=HEAD

"a fundamentalist is someone who hates sin more than he loves virtue."
                                                     -- john h. schaar

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

-- File: digital_signature_gpg.asc
-- Desc: Digital signature (see http://martin-krafft.net/gpg/)