Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: 5.99.13 released; important upgrade for 5.99.12 users

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 5.99.13 released; important upgrade for 5.99.12 users
From: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:34:44 +0200

Hi,

> The contributed patch for bug #20 that was applied in 5.99.12 caused
> networking and corruption problems for many.  That patch has been
> reverted in 5.99.13.  If you are using 5.99.12, please upgrade.

(I am the contributor of the patch.)

I'm very sorry about that - though I only claimed that it "worked for=20
me" :-)

More seriously, did anyone really experience corruption with this ? I=20
knew about new crashes, but that would be much more serious ...

> I think at this point that bug #20 ought to be closed; apparently
> Python on Darwin has a memory leak, and that's not really
> OfflineIMAP's bug anyhow.

We all agree on that, and most would say that the bug doesn't lie in=20
Python either. I was under the impression that a workaround was easy=20
enough to implement within offlinimap, apparently I missed something=20
along the way; and I agree that platform-specific code in Python feels a=20
bit dirty.

Nevertheless, I would say that the bug should either be fixed (I am=20
willing to spend some time on it, though not right now) or left open for=20
further reference. Even though there's nothing wrong with the code, the=20
users will still see it as a bug !

Is there a WONTFIX status on Redmine ?

  /vincent

--=20