Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
Re: quick = <natural number> behaviour

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: quick = <natural number> behaviour
From: "Christian G. Warden" <cwarden@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:50:16 -0700

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 12:43:53PM -0400, simon-oi@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm curious to know what the expected behaviour is when:
>
>  quick = <integer greater than zero>
>
> I've tried running in debug mode (-d imap -1), and I do not see anything
> happening between the 2 minute auto refresh period, despite my creation
> and deletion of messages on both ends.

The sync will still run every two minutes, but when quick is set to 100,
only every 100th (or 101st?) sync will do a full sync in which messages
are inspected for changes to flags, which tends to be slow on large
mailboxes.  During a quick sync, if there are no new messages or
deletions in the mailbox, you'll see messages like:
Skipping sent-mail (not changed)

Christian