Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
Re: LocalStatus as SQLlite

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LocalStatus as SQLlite
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:23:53 -0500

On Sun March 30 2008 8:55:37 pm stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> About a year ago I sent to the list a patch that switched LocalStatus
> from the flat files to an SQLLite database which for me, improved
> speed and memory usage (the latter being the most dramatic).
>
> A year later, I'm still using and maintaining my patches.
>
> So here's the latest. Nothing much changed from the last patches,
> but they are updated to the latest git tree.
>
> I've also pushed to http://saturn.flamingspork.com/~stewart/offlineimap
> the branch sqlite_localstatus

One other thing I might ask, that would make me much less reluctant to put
this into OfflineIMAP even with regressions:

What if we offer two different LocalStatus formats?  We could preserve the
current one as the default, and let people choose the Sqlite-based one in
the config file, on a per-repository basis.