Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
ANN: OfflineIMAP 5.99.5

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ANN: OfflineIMAP 5.99.5
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:23:24 -0600

OfflineIMAP 5.99.5 is now available from:

  http://software.complete.org/offlineimap/downloads

If I don't hear of problems within the next few days, this will be
re-released unmodified at 6.0.0!  So we can think of this as 6.0RC1 I
guess.

Changes since 5.99.4:

  * When a local folder is deleted, but the OfflineIMAP status cache
    is not cleared, do not delete all mail in that folder on the
    remote.  Closes: #459985.

  * Apply SSL performance enhancement, working around severe
    inefficiencies in Python's imaplib.py.  This workaround was lost
    in 5.99.0 when the locally-hacked imaplib.py was removed.  Thanks
    to Aaron Kaplan for help isolating the problem.

  * Added special support for GMail.  Patch from Riccardo Murri.

  * Added option 'f' for syncing only selected folders.  Patch from
    Riccardo Murri.

  * Added option -k for overriding config options.  Patch from
    Riccardo Murri.

  * Fix read-only detection behavior when changing flags.  Patch from
    Florian Friesdorf.

  * Added support for username/password in a netrc file.  Patch from
    bboisin in OfflineIMAP #14.

  * Fix handling of servers that return UIDs in some, but not all,

  * Fix typo in manual.  Closes: #360365.

  * Added Homepage, VCS-* lines to debian/control.