Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
Re: Slowdown

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Aaron Kaplan <lists2546@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Slowdown
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:26:42 -0600

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 03:58:52PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Thu February 14 2008 3:03:57 pm Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> > The following changeset is the one responsible for the difference in
> > speed I was noticing between the imaplib.py that was packaged with older
> > versions of offlineimap and the one that comes with python:
> >
> > * /offlineimap/head: changeset 169
> >   More optimizations -- this time fix readline() to not work character-
> >   by-character!
> >
> > -Aaron
>
> Ah.  I remember that one.  Huge difference indeed.  Do you feel up to working
> with upstream Python to adopt that patch?

Aaron,

I have checked in a fix (err, workaround) for this here:

http://git.complete.org/offlineimap?a=commit;h=1ebc45d96354cdc5b76e57d2ded17502e882b8aa

You can get the raw diff here:

http://git.complete.org/offlineimap?a=commitdiff_plain;h=1ebc45d96354cdc5b76e57d2ded17502e882b8aa

Can you let me know if that fixes this for you?