Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2008:
Re: offlineimap fails to sync messages

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap fails to sync messages
From: Ajeet <asgrewal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:42:11 -0800

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:18:40 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > BTW, in the file I can see all the new messages being downloaded. So
> > there are lines like "Copy message 800 from INBOX", followed by the
> > actual messages. However, these are not saved to the local maildirs. The
> > other debug files don't seem to contain any error information.
>
> Sounds like a config problem -- are you sure you've got it pointed at the
> right place?
>
> You might try running under -d maildir for a hint.

I checked again and the paths are correct. Another thing that maybe
worth mentioning is that only the new messages show up in the imap debug
file. for example,  msgs numbers 800 and 801 are new. The prior ones
799, 798, .. etc don't get downloaded. This is as expected I guess. But
they don't get saved to the maildirs. So if I run offlineimap
repeatedly, 800 and 801 are downloaded everytime. I guess the local
cache is not updated.

Again, if I delete everything (cache, email folders, etc), and run
offlineimap fresh. The messages upto 799 are downloaded. But 800 and 801
are not. This means that the config is ok.

Could this be a bug?

--
Regards,
Ajeet