Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: December 2007:
offlineimap's handling of moving message

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: offlineimap's handling of moving message
From: Joel Mawhorter <joel-lists-rw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:20:18 -0800

Hi all,

I'm trying to use offlineimap with Gmail and I'm running into a problem. If I
move a message from folder A to folder B using my mail client (mutt), then next
time I run offlineimap the message is deleted from folder A on the server and
then uploaded to folder B on the server. For large messages this is too
inefficient for my uses since the whole message gets sent to the remote server
even though it is already there. Is there a way around this or is this an
inherent limitation of having a client other than your mail client manage
synchronization?

Joel

--
phone: +1 250 563 3444