Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2007:
Re: Local copy of message corrupt

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Local copy of message corrupt
From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:31:46 +0200

* John Goerzen:

> On Tue August 21 2007 3:24:19 am Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > Today I also notice a strange  thing: some new messages on the
> > IMAP  server  are  perfectly  valid, but  the  local  copy  is
> > corrupt.   The message  locally contains  one byte  (usually a
> > number such as '3' or '9').
>
> I  do recall  occasionally hearing  about that,  but I  think it
> was  years  ago.  One  of  the  annoying things  about  Python's
> imaplib.py, unfortunately.

Thanks  for your  prompt  answer.  About  imaplib.py  I read  some
discussion  about it  in  the archives,  what's  the progress  for
reimplementing it?.

> I don't know what to suggest  except running it under -1 -d imap
> -u TTY.TTYUI  and send me  the parts of  the log that  deal with
> those messages.

Thanks for the  tip.  I'll post in private  because the attachment
is huge.

> Have you determined what messages  on the server they correspond
> to, and if those messages even exist?

Yes  the messages  exist.   As  a workaround  for  the problem,  I
configure my mail client to use the remote IMAP server.

Cheers,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty