Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2007:
Re: Local copy of message corrupt

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Local copy of message corrupt
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:18:39 -0500

On Tue August 21 2007 3:24:19 am Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for  the great program,  it saves  life!  The tool  is very
> powerful, so powerful that I already came across the [1]unexpected
> mass-deletion of remote messages.
>
> Today I also notice a strange thing: some new messages on the IMAP
> server are  perfectly valid, but  the local copy is  corrupt.  The
> message locally contains one byte (usually a number such as '3' or
> '9').

I do recall occasionally hearing about that, but I think it was years ago.
One of the annoying things about Python's imaplib.py, unfortunately.

I don't know what to suggest except running it under -1 -d imap -u TTY.TTYUI
and send me the parts of the log that deal with those messages.

Have you determined what messages on the server they correspond to, and if
those messages even exist?  The U= is the UID.

- John