Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2007:
use of UIDs vs. MSGID

To: offlineimap list <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: use of UIDs vs. MSGID
From: martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:11:17 +0200

OfflineIMAP uses the X-OfflineIMAP-x... header to identify messages,
and the IMAP server's UID notion to link them to the server copy.
Since we're dealing with mail all along, and mail messages have
a unique message-id header, I wonder why that's not being used. It's
likely to be indexed on the server and could thus increase the speed
of searches.
Also, why does OfflineIMAP store headers like

?

As in, why is the header label not constant? And what do all these
numbers mean?

Cheers,

"man kann die menschen nur von ihren eigenen meinungen überzeugen."
                                                    -- charles tschopp

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

-- File: digital_signature_gpg.asc
-- Desc: Digital signature (see http://martin-krafft.net/gpg/)