Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2007:
Half starting the initial sync

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Half starting the initial sync
From: Cameron McCormack <cam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:22:19 +1000

Hi.

I’m about to use offlineimap to sync my maildir (which lives on a server
somewhere) to my laptop.  I have a backup of the maildir from about 6
months ago on my laptop already, and since the maildir is about 4GB, I’d
like to start the synchronisation off with this 6 month old copy so that
only the newer messages need to downloaded from the server.

Is this possible?  If I just untar my backup into ~/.maildir, then run
offlineimap for the first time, will it only download the newer
messages.  Is there a way I can get it to show me what things are going
to be downloaded without actually doing it?

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/