Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2007:
Re: Sync problem

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sync problem
From: Gilles Roy <groy@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:40:37 -0500

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:52:41PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 11:04:28PM -0500, Gilles Roy wrote:
>>      return self._simple_command(name, mailbox, flags, date_time)
>>    File "/usr/share/python-support/offlineimap/offlineimap/imaplib.py", line
>> 975, in _simple_command
>>      return self._command_complete(name, apply(self._command, (name,) +
>> args))
>>    File "/usr/share/python-support/offlineimap/offlineimap/imaplib.py", line
>> 807, in _command_complete
>>      raise self.abort('command: %s => %s' % (name, val))
>> abort: command: APPEND => socket error: EOF
>
>That means that the IMAP server closed the connection unexpectedly.
>Your problem resolution from here on out probably lies on the server, or
>perhaps your network connection to it.

I'm still trying to make offlineimap work with the exchange 5.5 server
at my office. This time I think I've found something interesting.

offlineimap is adding a message to the IMAP server (maildir->IMAP) using
APPEND. Operation never ends, and the server times out the connection
after a while. I've taken a packet trace, and the last two messages
offlineimap sent where:

......<CR>
<LF><CR><LF>

So offlineimap sent a max MTU sized message (1412 bytes in my case) that
ended with just CR (no LF). The next message sent by offlinemap only
has 3 bytes, LF CR LF. Most of the time when offlineimap sends the last
fragment of the message, it ends with CR LF CR LF all in one message at
which point the IMAP server replies with an EXISTS message.

Any advice here? Is is just the server that gets mixed up when the CR LF
CR LF sequence is broken up into multiple messages? Is this even a valid
message from offlineimap?

Thanks,
Gilles