Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2007:
Re: Sync problem

To: Gilles Roy <groy@xxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sync problem
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:30:13 -0600

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 03:01:28PM -0500, Gilles Roy wrote:
> >That means that the IMAP server closed the connection unexpectedly.
> >Your problem resolution from here on out probably lies on the server, or
> >perhaps your network connection to it.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Just out of curiosity, I found this:
>
> XFOR: IMAP4 FETCH Command Returns Wrong Size
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q191504
>
> Coul the FETCH command giving offlineimap the wrong size be a problem?

Yes.  If fetch gives a size that is too large, OfflineIMAP would sit
there waiting for more data to arrive.  Presumably after a delay,
Exchange would eventually close the connection and OfflineIMAP would get
the error received.

Exchange is *flagrantly* violating the IMAP RFC here.  I don't see how
they can expect *any* client to work right if they're giving the wrong
size.