Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2007:
any concurrency issues between offlineimap and mutt?

To: Offlineimap Users <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: any concurrency issues between offlineimap and mutt?
From: jxue01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:51:43 -0500

Hi all,

I have just set up offlineimap to run in background in autorefresh mode.
It synchronizes the entire remote IMAP account to a local maildir.  I
then work on the local maildir in mutt. That's probably a very usual
setup, as I understand it.

It indeed works quite well and exactly as I expected. But now it just
came across my mind that when I am in mutt manipulating the messages,
what if offlineimap starts a round of synch'ing? The offlineimap manual
explicitly states that no more than offlineimap instances should be run
over the same maildir at the same time, does that apply to concurrent
access from offlineimap and mutt as well?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts on this.
--
Jing Xue