Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2007:
Re: offlineimap with uw imap and filtering

To: jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap with uw imap and filtering
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:49:36 -0600

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 12:19:05PM -0500, jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hey, trying to use offlineimap to sync with my imap server from a linux
> box. with my bare config, offlineimap tries to index the entire contents
> of my home directory. This obviously isnt the desired effect.
> Can someone please share their  folderfilter or reference
> settings to allow offlineimap to ONLY hit the "inbox" on the imap
> server. Im thinking this is really a uw-imap server issue, because I see
> other email clients do the same thing. but hopefully someone knows how
> to do this.

See this section in the example config file:

# Some IMAP servers need a "reference" which often refers to the
# "folder root".  This is most commonly needed with UW IMAP, where
# you might need to specify the directory in which your mail is
# stored.  Most users will not need this.
#
# reference = Mail