Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2006:
Re: mail sorting solutions?

To: Kristian Rink <kristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mail sorting solutions?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:39:29 -0500

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 08:19:14AM +0200, Kristian Rink wrote:
> So, my question: How do you get your mail sorted using offlineimap?
> What are the tools you're using? procmail? imapfilter? Any hints on
> that?

I filter server-side, but you can also filter client-side.  As long as
you have one particular machine that does this for you, it should be
easy enough.  Just have it examine INBOX and move *everything* into a
different folder.  OfflineIMAP can sync these changes back to the server
(it's not the most efficient at it, but it'll work).