Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2006:
Re: dotted Maildir directories

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: dotted Maildir directories
From: Vieri Di Paola <vieridipaola@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:59:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Vieri Di Paola <vieridipaola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> how do I force offlineimap to create dotted maildir
> directories?

I changed .offlineimaprc and added:
nametrans = lambda foldername: "." + foldername
and that seems to created the dotted directory names.
However, is there another way to do this?

Also, I tried:
[general]
accounts = me
[Account me]
localrepository = Local
remoterepository = Remote
[Repository Local]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/.maildir
sep = .
[Repository Remote]
type = IMAP
remotehost = aux2
remoteuser = me
remotepass = password
nametrans = lambda foldername: ( "." + foldername or
re.sub('^INBOX\.*', '.', foldername) )

I am unfamiliar with Python and the lambda function.
What I would like to do is combine these two rules
into one call:
#nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.*',
'.', foldername)
#nametrans = lambda foldername: "." + foldername

How can this be done?