Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2006:
Re: offlineimap with bincimap

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap with bincimap
From: Kevin Geiss <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:33:48 -0700

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 09:33:15PM +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> >> Would you be willing to test this against both bincimap and mutt?
>
> I'll install mutt to test if it'll help. Won't mutt see whatever
> bincimap shows it, though? If it doesn't show new mail to thunderbird,
> then it shouldn't show it to mutt either.
>
> --
> jean

probably no one cares anymore, but I tried to use bincimap for a day or two. I
encountered the same problem of not seeing new messages.

I was running kmail which read from bincimap, and also mutt which read directly
from the maildir which offlineimap was populating. mutt saw new messages
immediately, but kmail sometimes took an hour to see it.

I telneted directly into bincimap, and bincimap wasn't seeing the new
messages, so it wasn't kmail's fault.

I think it's probably a problem with bincimap rather than with offlineimap

my solution was to bite the bullet and replace bincimap with courier-imap. :)