Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2006:
Re: IMAP->IMAP: can't create target folder, already exists

To: Chris Shenton <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IMAP->IMAP: can't create target folder, already exists
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:55:44 -0600

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 01:39:22PM -0500, Chris Shenton wrote:
> Is there a way I  can get offlineimap to ignore the fact that the
> folder already exists and just use it, rather than failing because it
> couldn't create it?
>
> I found one query similar to this in the list archives but didn't see
> any answer.

I suspect that blowing away ~/.offlineimap will solve this problem.  Be
aware, however, that you will get duplicates of any messages that were
already copied.

It is possible to blow away a smallar subset of that directory, but
could be difficult to do without losing mail.

Normally OfflineIMAP will detect the existance of a folder on the
destination, I would hope, but it may not be seeing it due to the
problem it had the first time you ran it.

That said, Exchange is known to me to not comply with the IMAP spec in
all respects, and I have no Exchange server against which to test, so I
rely on help from users to do what is possible to make things work with
Exchange.  You may have encountered a new issue.