Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2005:
from imap to Maildir with leading dot in the directory name

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: from imap to Maildir with leading dot in the directory name
From: Mikael Syska <mikael@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:45:09 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to get Offlineimap to sync with my external imap server...

I want to get a directory structure like this:
/usr/local/virtual/prut.dk/p@xxxxxxx
freebsd# du
./tmp
./cur
./new
./.Trash/tmp
./.Trash/new
./.Trash/cur
./.Trash/courierimapkeywords
./.Trash
./courierimapkeywords
./.Sent/tmp
./.Sent/new
./.Sent/cur
./.Sent/courierimapkeywords
./.Sent
./.Drafts/tmp
./.Drafts/new
./.Drafts/cur
./.Drafts/courierimapkeywords
./.Drafts

but i get this:
2       ./Drafts/cur
2       ./Drafts/new
2       ./Drafts/tmp
8       ./Drafts
2       ./Trash/cur
2       ./Trash/new
2       ./Trash/tmp
8       ./Trash
86      ./cur
2       ./new
2       ./tmp
2       ./Sent/cur
2       ./Sent/new
2       ./Sent/tmp
8       ./Sent
116     .

offlineimap settings:
[Repository LocalExample]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Test
sep = /

I have tried to get the sep to "/." /\." etc. nothing works.....

How get I get the above file structure that courier-imap makes, but
offlineimap dont? I'm lost here, have search the mailarchive, but the
other person with a problem like this, was satisfied with the /
seperator, and that aint good enough for me....

The reason for this is that i'm migrating from a other imap server to
this one, and the other one dont use maildir, but some other windows
crap, so I need it that way....

Any one?

kind regards
Mikael Syska