Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2005:
Re: want some difficult messages?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: want some difficult messages?
From: Kevin Geiss <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:06:30 -0700

On Sep 1, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Patrick Morris wrote:

> There are probaly a lot of us that use offlineimap to make Exchange
> more bearable (thanks!).
>
> However, I'd bet the vast majority of us do it with versions much
> newer than 5.5...  IMAP support on that old dinosaur sucked rocks
> hard.

:( they actually want to take away imap completely, so I doubt I'll
be able to talk them into upgrading.

the reason I'm looking to use offlineimap is I might be switching to
a laptop as my main work machine. but If the exchange server is that
problematic, I'll probably set up my own imap server on one of the
linux boxes at work, and just use fetchmail to get the mail from
exchange onto my own imap server, then use offlineimap to get it to
the laptop.

what's the best imap server to use if I set up my own? I've used
courier imap ssl in the past