Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2005:
Re: want some difficult messages?

To: Kevin Geiss <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: want some difficult messages?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:07:18 -0500

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 01:12:15PM -0700, Kevin Geiss wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 02:28:22PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > It appears that your IMAP server is refusing to hand back the UID for a
> > message just uploaded to it.  Your log didn't include the greeting from
> > the IMAP server, so I don't know which server is in use here.  Do you
> > happen to know that?
>
> yes, unforunately. it's the bad one! here's the imap server greeting:
>
> OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2658.25

Unfortunately, I have no way to test OfflineIMAP against that server.
It appears that the Exchange server is providing no way to find the
UID of a newly uploaded message.  Without that, OfflineIMAP can't
maintain proper synchronization.

There is probably not going to be a way to make this work unless you
or someone else can figure out a way around this limitation in
Exchange and send me patches.

Now, having said that, I know that some people have used OfflineIMAP
with Exchange.  Perhaps some of them are reading this list and can
contribute.