Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2005:
offlineimap in backup mode

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: offlineimap in backup mode
From: Mathias Bertelsen <mathiasb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:23:36 +0200

Hello

I use offlineimap two places: one is where I backup an imap server by moving
everything to another imap server. The other is where I backup an imap server
by moving everything to a local Maildir structure.

At the moment these two ways run fine, but as i am nervous of loosing mail I
wan't to hear, is it possible to run these two offlineimap tasks in some kind
of 'backup-mode' where it only moves mail from one server and to the other
(but not back), and it is not allowed to change anything on the main server?

--
Mvh.
 Mathias Bertelsen