Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2005:
Changing Account profile

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Changing Account profile
From: Simon Liu <macdeveloper@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:32:36 +0100

Is it safe to change the location where mail is stored, in the config
file, if offlineimap has already been run?  e.g. currently mail is
stored at ~/MyMail, but I want to change this to ~/Some/Where/Else

From the docs it seems to be that if I moved my mail from the original
location, because the message cache exists in .offlineimap, if I run
offlineimap again, it will think that my mail has been deleted
intentionally, and try to delete mail from the server.  Obviously this
is not the desired effect...

I suppose I could delete .offlineimap, and ~/MyMail, and start again,
but it took about 20 minutes for the first sync (about 60mb mail) and
I'm curious as to whether it's possible.

Thanks,
Simon