Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2005:
courier-imap and INBOX

To: <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: courier-imap and INBOX
From: "Jason Luther" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:41:49 -0800

I'm using offlineimap to copy mail from a Courier-IMAP server to a local
Maildir. I can't figure out how to have the INBOX folder map to the Maildir
while all of the other folders map to Maildir/.foldername.

What I want is this:

~/OfflineMaildir/
                 cur/ (all messages in INBOX)
                 new/
                 tmp/
                 .folder1/
                 .folder2/
                 .folder2.subfolder/

Instead, I'm getting this:

~/OfflineMaildir/
                 INBOX/
                       cur/
                       new/
                       tmp/
                 .folder1/
                 .folder2/
                 .folder2.subfolder/

I have this nametrans in my .offlineimaprc, and I understand that it's not
going to change ^INBOX$ to anything:
  nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.', '.', foldername)

I don't know how to write a line that would also translate ^INBOX$ into
something useful, and even if I did, I don't know what that "something
useful" is.

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do? I couldn't find anything in the
archives.

TIA,
Jason