Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2005:
Re: Moving messages to subdirectories

To: Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Moving messages to subdirectories
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:47:05 -0600

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 06:10:58PM -0300, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
> > First question: have you read the "UID VALIDITY PROBLEM" section in the
> > manpage or manual, and followed its suggestions?  If so, what happened?
> >

> Yeah, I did when the problem first occurred and it persisted. It occurs
> whenever I save a message in any two-or-more-level deep mailbox
> (.imap/whatever/mailbox). The imap server for this account is UW-IMAPD.

UW-IMAPD is notoriously troublesome with OfflineIMAP, and the problems
lie with UW-IMAPD, not OfflineIMAP.  OfflineIMAP uses features that Pine
doesn't, and apparently UW never really bothered to test those.  It is
probably that you will have to work around by not using a
two-or-more-level deep mailbox on the server.