Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2005:
Re: Moving messages to subdirectories

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Moving messages to subdirectories
From: Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:10:58 -0300

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 02:44:34PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 10:16:19PM -0300, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
> > I have a setup for spambayes where I only train it using manually confirmed
> > messages, and I save these messages in ~/.imap/train/confirmed-spam. The
> > problem is that always when I move any message into that folder, I get "UID
> > validity problem" and offlineimap skips that folder.
>
> First question: have you read the "UID VALIDITY PROBLEM" section in the
> manpage or manual, and followed its suggestions?  If so, what happened?

Yeah, I did when the problem first occurred and it persisted. It occurs
whenever I save a message in any two-or-more-level deep mailbox
(.imap/whatever/mailbox). The imap server for this account is UW-IMAPD.

After this, I tried the same (move a message with mutt "s" command into
.imap/whatever/mailbox) and the same problem happened. Unfortunately, I don't
have access to the imap server of this account.

Thanks,

--
Guilherme Luis R. Salgado