Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2005:
Moving messages to subdirectories

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Moving messages to subdirectories
From: salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Guilherme Salgado)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:16:19 -0300

Hi there!

I just started using offlineimap on my laptop, and had some UID validity
problems when moving messages into subdirectories.

I have a setup for spambayes where I only train it using manually confirmed
messages, and I save these messages in ~/.imap/train/confirmed-spam. The
problem is that always when I move any message into that folder, I get "UID
validity problem" and offlineimap skips that folder.

I just reproduced it in another mail account, by creating a test/ subdirectory
inside my ~/.imap and saving a mesage in a mailbox inside test. Following is
the output of offlineimap:
The full log (with debug=imap) is in www.async.com.br/~salgado/offlineimap.log

Folder sync Test[test/confirmed-spam]:
   Syncing ~/.imap/test/confirmed-spam: IMAP -> Maildir
Folder sync Test[test/confirmed-spam]:
   WARNING: UID validity problem for folder ~/.imap/test/confirmed-spam (saved
1109119967; got 1109120469); skipping it
Account sync Test:

Do anyone know if this is a know issue or if there's a workaround for this?

Cheers,
--
Guilherme Luis R. Salgado