Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2005:
Re: offlineimap crashes repeatedly

To: Stefan Thull <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap crashes repeatedly
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:08:44 -0600

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 10:47:27AM +0100, Stefan Thull wrote:
> restart offlineimap it syncs again but crashes again. (The point where
> it stops are always different; sometimes I manage to sync the whole
> account.)

This is very weird.  I'd suggest the first thing to try: use the
TTY.TTYUI (run with -u TTY.TTYUI).  That will help narrow down the bug
to user interface or elsewhere.  It looks like the crash is happening in
the Blinkenlights UI.  However, that doesn't mean that the bug is there;
it could have been passed bad data.

Have you ever had a successful sync from it?

Aldo, I would be very interested in the debug output from -d imap -1 -u
TTY.TTYUI.  Please note, this output may contain passwords or other
sensitive data, so scan it for that before sending.