Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2004:
Re: 1 byte files?

To: Stephen Lau <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 1 byte files?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:28:30 -0600

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 02:16:25PM -0800, Stephen Lau wrote:
> So I just tried using offlineimap, and it went and synched up with all
> the mbox's I have on my server succesfully, but when I tried to open
> it up in Mutt, all I see are empty messages with no headers or
> anything.
>
> Looking in the ~/Mail directory, everyfile offlineimap created is only
> 1 byte.  Any ideas what went wrong, and what I can do to debug this?

I've heard this problem reported before, though I think you are the
first that has been able to reproduce it at will, which is great.

Take the just-release version, 3.0.8, and run it like this:

offlineimap -d imap -1

Make sure to save the log file somewhere.  Then, edit out any
confidential information like passwords and send it to me.  With luck,
I'll be able to see what's going on there.

Thanks,
John