Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2004:
Re: UID validity problem

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UID validity problem
From: Randy Orrison <randy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:10:28 +0000

John Goerzen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 09:56:01AM +0000, Randy Orrison wrote:
>
>>rm ~/.offlineimap/Account-(account)/LocalStatus/INBOX
>>rm ~/.offlineimap/Repository-(remote)/FolderValidity/INBOX
>>rm ~/.offlineimap/Repository-(local)/FolderValidity/INBOX
>>
>>Will that cause it to just re-sync INBOX (creating duplicates of any
>>messages that are in both repositories) without affecting the
>>synchronization of the other folders?
>
> That *should* work.  I would advise making a backup copy of your local
> and remote mailboxes first, just in case.  Let me know what you discover
> :-)

Success.  Not unqualified, but success.  I left both my local and remote
inboxes with all their messages.  After removing the above files, it
looks like it copied 219 messages from the remote inbox to the local,
then deleted 182 messages from the local inbox.  In the end, both had
the same messages except for two on the remote server that weren't on
the local (what's odd is that the two messages were both initially
delivered locally).  I read them, and deleted them.  Comparing the list
of messages to my backup, it looks fine.

So: it worked ok.  I'm glad I had a backup, because what happened wasn't
exactly what I expected, but I didn't need it.

Thanks,

Randy