Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2004:
UID validity problem

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: UID validity problem
From: Randy Orrison <randy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:56:01 +0000

My offlineimap is tripping over one folder (my Inbox) out of dozens that
I sync.  The instructions in the help file ...

 > You can fix it by removing your local folder and cache data. For
 > instance, if your folders are under ~/Folders  and the folder with
 > the problem is INBOX, you'd type this:
 > rm -r ~/Folders/INBOX
 > rm -r ~/.offlineimap/Account-AccountName
 > rm -r ~/.offlineimap/Repository-RepositoryName

... look like they'll blow away the state of all my synced folders.  (I
get mail delivered both locally and to the remote server, so there will
be changes on both sides.)  Is there a way to fix the problem for only
one folder?  Specifically, if I do:

rm ~/.offlineimap/Account-(account)/LocalStatus/INBOX
rm ~/.offlineimap/Repository-(remote)/FolderValidity/INBOX
rm ~/.offlineimap/Repository-(local)/FolderValidity/INBOX

Will that cause it to just re-sync INBOX (creating duplicates of any
messages that are in both repositories) without affecting the
synchronization of the other folders?

Thanks,

Randy