Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2004:
Re: I borked myself, ugh

To: Rob Walker <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: I borked myself, ugh
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:31:23 -0600

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 07:32:28PM -0800, Rob Walker wrote:
> I realize that I will probably have duplicates of a ton of email, and
> that's okay.  What I am worried about is how to get the resulting
> nnmaildir directories back on my IMAP servers where they belong.
>
> Is this possible?  Can I tell offlineimap "sync them up, move and copy
> emails all over the joint, but don't delete any of them" ??

Not knowing exactly what happened, I would of course suggest that you
absolutely make a backup before doing this...

Anyway, if you delete ~/.offlineimap, but leave the mail folders where
OfflineIMAP can see them, if should consider every local and every
remote message new, and copy them back and forth as appropriate.

Cross your fingers...