Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2003:
IMAP to mbox

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IMAP to mbox
From: Micah Anderson <micah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:08:39 -0700

So I'm another fetchmail convert, I dont know why it took me so long
to find exactly what I needed, but I finally did in offlineimap. I
only have a couple questions that I want to straighten out.

I've been pulling my mail down from a courier IMAP server via
fetchmail, and delivering it locally with postfix+procmail. My INBOX
gets sent to /var/spool/mail/micah and my individual IMAP folders get
put into their respective mbox folders. I have also been using mutt to
save messages into those folders locally. Right now, I've got my
mailspool in mbox format, and all my mailboxes in that format.

Using offlineimap it seems as my only option is to pull the mail down
into Maildir format. Unless I am mistaken, this means I cannot
transition from my mbox format boxes without either converting all my
local mail to Maildir format (using mb2md), or by doing it by hand in
mutt, or is there a value I can set to the "Type" variable to save my
messages locally in mbox format, which would allow me to put all my
existing mboxes in the right spot, launch offlineimap for the first
time and then everything would get sync'd up?

Last question:

I have a list of folders I want to pull down, and a regular expression
that I want to use for a number of folders, I tried various formats
but could not get this to work:

folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['re.search('(INBOX.sent-mail)
foldername)', 'INBOX', 'INBOX.Spam', 'INBOX.othermail']

I can put the regular expression by itself, and all the
sent-mail-Jan-2003, sent-mail-Jan-2002, etc. all get pulled down, but
not the other folders, and the same going the other way.
Syntactically, what am I doing wrong, these should work together, no?

Thanks!
micah