Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2003:
Problem working with uw-imapd

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem working with uw-imapd
From: Hans-Christian Prytz <hp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:33:45 +0200

Hi, I'm trying to set up OfflineIMAP to sync with a server running
uw-imapd, and I have some problems.

1) the imapd exports the whole homedir, so in order to locate mailboxes
I should set "reference = Mail" if I have the extra mailboxes under
~/Mail, right?
If I do that all the mailboxes under ~/Mail gets downloaded, but not
INBOX. As seems to be the standerd, INBOX is a special case, and is
stored partly in /var/spool/mail/<username> (for new mails) and ~/mbox
for seen mail. Every other IMAP mailreader gets INBOX even though I set
prefix (or whatever it's called in that mailprogram) to ~/Mail. Is there
are way to get OfflineIMAP to do this?

1a) I have found a way to solve the above (sort of). If I dont set
"reference = Mail" (ie. comment it out) and set "folderfilter = lambda
foldername: re.search('(^INBOX$|^Mail/)', foldername)" I get INBOX and
the filders under ~/Mail downloaded to the local machine. Will this
interfare somehow with syncing? The reason I ask is my second problem.

2) When I move a mail from one maildir to another locally it seems to be
transfered on the server as well during the next sync (not quite sure
yet). Howevere if I create a new maildir, it is not created on the
servere. How do I get offlineimap to do this? Could this be related to 1a)?

Oh, /usr/bin/offlineimap has init.startup('4.0.0') in it, so I guess
this is version 4

Any suggestions anyone?

Hans-Christian