Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2003:
OfflineIMAP in Windows via Cygwin

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP in Windows via Cygwin
From: Chris Withers <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:11:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to get OfflineIMAP working on Windows 2000 via Cygwin.
But I'm not doing too well ;-)

So far, I've installed Python 2.3 into Cygwin.

I've untarred OfflineIMAP.py, and I've done python setup.py install.

So far so good.

I then saved offlineimap.conf to ~/.offlineimaprc and tried to run OfflineIMAP
with:

$ python offlineimap.py

This gave me an empty TK Window and not a lot else.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'd also be fascinated to hear if anyone's
managed to get OfflineIMAP working on Windows without Cygwin. The fcntl module
being missing was the first problem I hit...

cheers,

Chris