Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2003:
Progress with Twisted

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Progress with Twisted
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:24:43 -0500

Hello,

Some of you may be interested to note that the rewrite for Twisted is
progressing nicely.  There are some annoying bugs that have taken a long
time to find (Twisted's architecture does not lend itself to easy
debugging), but I do now have it to the point where it can use multiple
connections, create local folders, and download mail from the remote server.
It doesn't actually *store* that mail yet, but it should soon :-)

If you're interested in tracking the development, please see:

  http://svn.complete.org/offlineimap/offlineimap/branches/twisted

Those of you with Subversion may check out the repository at that URL.

I am becoming increasingly optimistic that this will, in the end, solve the
problems I was running into.